Wednesday, August 27, 2008

End of Summer

Can't believe summer is over. Danielle went back to school. Waaaa
That's the worst part of it if you ask me, when the kids go back to school. I'd rather have them out much longer. I like having the neighborhood kids in the house all the time. I think I like the noise and chaos. Weird huh?
.
Wrecked my Jeep a couple days ago. Boy, that was an experience. And I don't mean one of those good ones either!! It was really one of those freak out moments where you start having all this pain. The fire department guys were doing a good job of keeping me entertained (trying to keep my mind off the pain) waiting for the squad to arrive. Then they took me out on a backboard and had me immobilized on that dang thing. The ambulance ride was a nightmare. Painful! I wasn't able to straighten my left leg once they got me on the board out of my car. Why? Who knows cause nothing was wrong with it. Stupid fibromyalgia I guess.
.
Anyway, got to the ER. My cousin got there 2 minutes after I did but the hospital said I wasn't there. Told her she should check another hospital. Took her 20 minutes I think before she finally called the ambulance company that took me and they verified through the squad what bed I was in.
.
Meanwhile, I'm laying in that room strapped down to this board with no one helping me!! My head is in a neck brace and taped down. I had finally managed to figure out how to release the straps holding my body down. I then had that part free! I worked trying to find the ends to the tape to free my head but couldn't find them. So I jerked really hard on the tape and found that it ripped!! So I ripped off the bottom piece, then the top piece just as my cousin is shown where my room is! Oh sure, NOW I'm free and NOW you decide to show up! (that's what I was thinking) lol
.
She brought reinforcements though!! She brought Daryle who works there in the ER. He stayed then the rest of the night until I was released and safe in the van! It was great too. He was a real Godsent. He went with me to CT, helped them move me on and off the table since they wouldn't let me move! He even held my earrings....what a dear. HA! But seriously, he kept on top of my tests, seeing what was being ordered and when results were back, etc. Angie and I were both so glad he was there. He put both of our minds at ease. And Angie was wonderful to have there. She came to my rescue just like him, as soon as she was called. She kept on the people who came in the room to do things (ie. get me for tests, run tests, etc.) asking them questions, or telling them how it was going to be! It was awesome. What a team I had!!
.
Oh, and the best part was that the woman who came in to do my EKG....she thought Angie was my MOM!!!!! Yep, I'm loving that part. Cause Angie is really 10 months younger than I am. So I just think that's hysterical. I will make sure to remind her of that often. :-)
.
Other than that, I am just getting over the soreness. I am bruised and sore from the soft tissue damage. It will heal though. I got my rental car today. Just in time too cause here came the rain (can't drive mine in the rain due to damage with the rear door not shutting right). Well, neither door on the driver side shuts right now. Can't wait to get it all fixed!!
.
Ok, rattled on long enough. Will try to not make it so long next time!!

1 comment:

julieQ said...

I am so sorry for your wreck. Hope the soreness heals soon!